In his speech often referred to as ‘I will Fly,’ Dr A. P. J. Abdul Kalam tells us about how to be successful and unique.
Sample Questions from ‘I will Fly’
- Imagine that a student of your school has been selected for an athletic event in the National Games. Your school has decided to convene a meeting to honour him/her. You are asked to deliver a felicitation. Draft a speech in the light of your reading of the speech by Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam. (8)
- In his speech Dr. Kalam quotes a few lines from a poem which ends with the following lines.
I am not meant for crawling,
I have wings, I will fly
I will fly and fly
- What is meant by the expression ‘not meant for crawling?'(1)
- Explain the title of the speech ‘I Will Fly’, which is also derived from this poem.(2)
- Why is the expression ‘I will fly’ repeated in the last part of the poem? What does the author want to express through it?